Avaa navigaatio
Jyväskylän kaupunki » Tapahtumakalenteri

Tapahtumakalenteri

Konginkangas Historical Field Trips 1 - 4

Date: 27.07.2019
Time: 12.00 - 16.00
Categories: Exhibitions ; museums ; Sightseeing tours ; Local area activities ;
Place: Departing from Regional museum, Konginkangas
Address: Kirkkotie 2, 444 00 Konginkangas, Äänekoski
Events webpages:
http://www.konginkangas.fi/yhdistykset-ja-jarjestot/komin-kilta.php

Village - homestead of love for home region. Field trip 1. Friday, July 5, at 12.00. Departure from the Museum, Kirkkotie 2, Konginkangas.
Field trip familiarialises visitors with the family history of the first chair of the Kömi Guild and their Lepola homestead, which is housed by Riihilahti village association, hosted by the owners Anneli Kauta-Soljava and Erkki Soljava. The family will be presented by family members e.g. Ansa-Liisa Krogerus. Museum open Fridays 12 - 18 and Saturdays 10 - 12, so please plan on visiting both.
Show and tell day of logging. Field trip 2. Saturday, July 13, at 12.00. Departure from the Museum, Kirkkotie 2, Konginkangas.
Getting familiar with traditional logging, log floating, tar burning and forestry workmanship with professional loggers Alpo Juntunen and Voitto Turpeinen. Visiting the Siipiniemi home from the 1850s and the family of Korhonen, originating there. Museum open Fridays 12 - -18 and Saturdays 10 - 12, so please plan on visiting both.
The stately building stock of Konginkangas centre (= traditionally Kömi). Field trip 3. Saturday 20.7. at 12.00. Departing from the Museum. Kirkkotie 2, Konginkangas.
Village walk through buildings above 100 years of age. The Kuorikoski church, the Old School (Jokela), attended by e.g. Mikko Niskanen, the house of Lotta Svärd. Presented by Matti Haltia, the owner and host of Iitsalo homestead. The gravesite of Gabriel Hytönen tells a story of persistence with authorities: 90 years of convincing brought a church to Konginkangas. Museum open Fridays 12 - -18 and Saturdays 10 - 12, so please plan on visiting both.
Battles of Kurikkaharju and the Farm Museum in Liimattala. Field trip 4. Saturday, July 27, at 12.00. Departing from the Museum. Kirkkotie 2, Konginkangas.
The soldiers of Sweden-Finland from Korsholma to Olavinlinna lead through Kongintaival. The battles of Kurikkaharju took place in 1714-1715 during the United Hate period. The region is introduced by the owner and collector of the Farm Museum with Toini Hytönen and Eeva Eerola. Hiekkala café will provide rye porridge while listening to poetry and stories of the Mäilä family, shopkeeper and home region promoter. The family will be presented by Lilja Rouhiainen, born Mäilä. Museum open Fridays 12 - 18 and Saturdays 10 - 12, so please plan on visiting both museum and the fielf trip on the same day.

Tickets and prices:
Free entry; travel together from museum in private cars; snacks of 6-10¤ available during field trips.

Contact for additional information:
The Kömi Guild, home region association/ marjatta.huhta@outlook.comjatta Huhta
tel +358 40 5420652; 050 4301635
tanja.rama@gmail.com; reimarintupa@gmail.com
http://www.konginkangas.fi/yhdistykset-ja-jarjestot/komin-kilta.php

Copyright © Jyväskylän kaupunki 2016 | Sivun alkuun | Tietoja sivustosta
Jyväskylän kaupungin pääFacebook-sivu Jyväskylän kaupungin pääTwitter-virta Jyväskylän kaupungin pääYouTube-kanava Jyväskylän kaupungin rss-virrat ja ohje